Practical English Starter
Practical English offers a highly personalised learning formula to identify weak areas, and provide study material that addresses individual needs as you work through the course. Following an initial diagnostic test, the system continuously checks performance to see if you might need to change level in any of the skill categories.
You will be prompted to complete level adjustment assessments at regular intervals to measure your abilities. This testing utilizes some of the latest machine learning techniques to develop an artificial intelligence (AI) that detects when, and if, you would benefit from more or less challenging content. You can then alter the difficulty of your personal learning path to maximise your progress.
Great activities, interactive lessons
Each lesson of Practical English, offers varied content and task types, and follows a clear and proven learning cycle to build skills systematically. Lesson content is based around core topics that are typically found in a General English syllabus making it suitable for a wide range of learners.
The course features a variety of exercise types, including the use of animation to provide visual input and aid comprehension. The new edition now includes start-of-lesson activities that are designed to give context and links to personal experience, as well as enhanced in-lesson exercises to build further skills in pronunciation, aural comprehension and reading fluency.
- 420 content-rich lessons from A2 – C1 level covering a range of topics presenting language in day-to-day or work-place situations.
- A learning formula that begins with a diagnostic test, and is continually supported by computer adaptive testing to help learners regularly measure their ability and maximise progress.
- A wide range of exercise types, including enhanced activities for pronunciation, aural comprehension and reading fluency.
- Detailed feedback on each activity, plus a full grammar reference to support learning and review.
- Material that includes a variety of accents from both English and non-English speaking countries.
- Optional Challenge activities allow users to accumulate learning badges for further motivation.